In my opinion, the recipe for this Banana Bread is the best. I never have leftovers. BUT. I did get a wild idea the other day and do believe that I created one of the most yummy desserts ever.
Grilled Banana Bread, with ice cream and caramel drizzle.
This is a MUST TRY. With or without the ice cream and caramel sauce.
When you grill the Banana Bread you get a caramelized crusty outer shell on both sides of the bread with a warm, ooey gooey, fresh-out-of-the-oven like inside. Enjoy it just like that, or top it with a little ice cream and caramel drizzle. Scrumptious!
Grilled Banana Bread
Banana Bread (best recipe ever right here) I like mine with nuts.
Butter or margarine
Optional - Ice Cream
Optional - Caramel Sauce
- Slice Banana Bread about 3/4-1 inch thick
- Butter very lightly on both sides, and pop on a preheated flat top grill at about 365
degrees or so. (Like you would a grilled cheese sandwich.)
- Watch the bread so it gets nice and dark but doesn't burn.The darker it gets the crispier
it will be. Yummy! (Just like a grilled cheese)
- Flip the bread and grill the second side until nice and dark brown. (Just about 2 min or
- Enjoy as is, or top with a bit if ice cream and caramel drizzle.